Baby Constipation physiotherapy and osteopathy treatment London
Physiotherapist and osteopath for baby’s digestive disorders in London
How to treat baby constipation?
For all recurring digestive issues including constipation, osteopathy is an efficient treatment. Our paediatric osteopath in London will assess your baby and will find the different tensions which trigger constipation and will release them to aid your baby’s digestive system to become healthier. Osteopathy for paediatric problems will help restore balance within the body from any traumas that might have occurred during birth.
If you are an Axa or Bupa patient, you cannot book online. Please call our office with your authorisation number.
At Excellence Physiotherapy London, we offer efficient baby constipation treatment done by professional and experienced paediatric physiotherapists or osteopaths who can visit you at home in London to perform the treatment, or if you prefer for your child to be seen at the practice, we offer sessions at the Light Centre practice Belgravia near Victoria station and at our Clapham practice between Clapham South Station and Clapham common near Battersea.
If you would like more information about our baby constipation treatment or want to ask a question about your baby’s condition to our London Physiotherapist or osteopath, feel free to contact us.
Our physiotherapy and osteopathy treatments are covered by most health insurances and are Bupa registered & recognised (BUPA Global and BUPA UK), Axa registered & recognised (AXA International, AXA ppp), Cigna registered & recognised and WPA registered & recognised
For appointment with our London physiotherapist or London osteopath call : 0207 125 0262 – 07824 553765
If you want to receive news and offers from us
Why babies are constipated?
During the first months of life, your baby’s digestive system is going through a lot of changes. It takes time to develop fully and to adjust to changes in the type of food, which might cause issues like constipation. This is nothing to worry about; it is part of your baby’s growth. In time, bowel movements will settle and get regular.
What are the main causes of constipation in babies?
- Changing over from breast milk to formula milk. Formula is harder to digest than breast milk and will change their bowel patterns.
- Introducing solid food. This will change their bowel patterns again, as their digestive system is trying to adjust to the new form of food.
- Dehydration, which is caused by not drinking enough fluids in between the solid food, or not having fluids often enough.
Occasionally, constipation can also be the sign of a medical condition or illness, such as a food allergy or congenital conditions. This is why it is always important to consult a doctor, when you notice that your baby is constipated.
What are the signs of baby constipation?
- Loss of appetite
- Crying before doing a poo
- Dry and hard poo
- A hard tummy
- Fewer than three bowel movements per week
Tips for parents to help babies with constipation:
- Move your baby’s legs in a gentle circular motion. This will help movement along the intestine.
- Make sure you are using the correct ratio when using formula and give your baby plenty of water in between feeds to keep them hydrated.
- Perform a gentle massage on the baby’s tummy to help movement in the intestine and ease constipation. ( if you have never performed a tummy massage before, ask our physiotherapist to show you the correct way to perform it, as the way you are performing the massage is very important )